The Dapper online shop can be accessed at dlstyle.co.za, related mobile sites and applications (“the site”). The site enables buyers to shop for items including clothes, shoes and accessories by selected local and international brands (“the products”) online and have them delivered door-to-door, to your nearest post office or via pick-up points within South Africa. All visitors to the site (“users” or “you”) will be able to see the products on offer, but only those who have registered for an account on Dapper (“account holders” or “you”) are able to buy.
Legally binding contract
All users and account holders, including those that buy from the site (“buyers”) are bound by these terms and conditions (“T&Cs”). By registering, or using the site at all, you recognise that you’ve read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these T&Cs. Should there be any clause in these T&Cs that you do not understand, the onus is on you to ask Dapper to please explain the relevant clause to you before you accept the T&Cs by using or buying from the site.
Products and availability
Please note that the stock of all items on offer is limited. Dapper will make all reasonable attempts to ensure that special offers are brought to an end when stock runs out. If it happens that Dapper is unable to fulfill any order at the advertised price because stock is sold out, Dapper will inform you via email and you’ll be entitled to a reimbursement for the Rand value you have paid for such product. This is described in more detail under Dapper’s Help section, Delivery and Returns.
More simply put:
Dapper is an awesome online fashion store, but there are some rules. One, you need to register to shop. Two, there are terms and conditions and when you use the site, we take that to mean that you’ve read, understood and accepted them. Three, as in all the best stores, products do sell out, especially when they’re on special. Should this happen to you, you’ll be refunded the exact Rand value you paid.
2. Buying products
- The site allows you, the user, to place electronic orders (“order”) for one or more products on offer as long as such products are available and not sold out.
- A purchasing contract (“sale”) between you and Dapper only comes into effect once you have fully completed AND submitted the online order form for one or more products in your shopping cart (“cart”) AND your payment has been authorised by Dapper (or has been received into Dapper’s bank account).
- The above is dependent on the product being available.
- Products on Dapper cannot be reserved to be bought at a later stage, and placing an item in your cart without completing the order does not amount to a “sale”.
- This means that Dapper may remove any product(s) from your cart before the sale actually takes place, in the event of the product going out of stock.
- Dapper cannot be held responsible if the product(s) you added to your cart have become unavailable when you try to complete the sale.
- A tax invoice will be emailed to the email address on your Dapper profile. A delivery note will be included with your order – please note that no prices are visible on the delivery note.
More simply put:
It’s easy. You add products to your cart, submit your order and soon as we’ve received your payment, we have a deal. There’s just one thing: to give everyone a fair shot at shopping on Dapper, we cannot reserve the products in your cart. Best check out before someone else does.
3. Cancelling and ending orders
- Dapper reserves the right to refuse processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely, with notice given to you.
- Dapper will be liable for reimbursing you the rand value paid only if you have already paid for the cancelled order. You have the right to return non-defective products purchased within 30-days of the order being delivered.
More simply put:
Sometimes things don’t work out and an order has to be cancelled. If that happens we’ll be sure to let you know. And sometimes what you bought isn’t exactly what you wanted. No problem. Returns are free within 30 days and we’ll refund you.
- Dapper reserves the right, in the interest of preventing fraud, to refuse the processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely.
- Dapper may request documentation to complete the necessary fraud checks and cancel any order where the necessary documentation is not provided in a timely manner.
- In the event of a fraudulent purchase being placed on Dapper, cardholders will be advised to initiate a chargeback via their bank in order to be refunded. Dapper does not process refunds for orders suspected of fraud.
- Dapper does not provide order details relating to orders suspected of fraud.
More simply put:
The f-word. Fraud happens. We’re pretty sharp when it comes to sniffing it out, and our response is simple and effective: do the checks, cancel the order, bye.
5. Product Pricing
The price of each product is given on the product information page (“the product page”) on the site. The product price displayed always includes VAT at the applicable rate.
The Regular Retail Price
- The Regular Retail Price (“RRP”) is the standard price that Dapper charges for the product. The RRP is determined by considering the suppliers’ price, market conditions, and the prices being offered by other local retailers.
- When a product is not on sale, on special, or included in a discount promotion, the RRP is the price you will pay when you purchase the product (“purchase price”).
- Please note that RRPs can change over the course of several seasons over which the product may be sold. The RRPs applicable at the time the product is introduced may differ from the RRP at the time of your purchase.
The Discount Price
- When Dapper is having a sale, has products in OUTLET, or is running a discount centric promotion on specific products on the site – the discount price is shown on the product’s product page, as well as the Regular Retail Price (“RRP”). The discount price will be shown in red and the RRP will be shown alongside it – but will be crossed out.
- When a discount price is shown on the product page, the discount price is the price you will pay when you add the product to your cart at the discounted price, and conclude the sale at the discounted price i.e. the purchase price.
- Every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that the RRP and, if applicable, the Discount Price of all products on Dapper are correct at the time of your purchase. If, however, the product is offered at an erroneous price, Dapper will not be obliged to supply the said product at the incorrect price.
- Dapper will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct price.
More simply put:
We try to offer the best prices we can on all our products. From time to time, products are discounted – when we have a sale, when products are moved into the Outlet store, and when we run a promotion. Products on sale and in Outlet display both the original price and the discounted price (in red). However, when products are discounted during a promotion, the amount you save is displayed at checkout after you enter a voucher code. Please note that the only way to be refunded for an incorrectly priced product is if you cancel the sale.
6. Delivery fees
Dapper has two delivery options
6.1 Standard Delivery
- For orders of R5 000 or more, Dapper delivers free of charge within South Africa, with either standard delivery, to the post office or to your nearest pick up point.
- Any orders under R5 000, Dapper charges a non-refundable R60 fee to deliver depending on where you’re located.
- Post office deliveries are sent via Speed Services to the relevant post office based on the delivery address. You will receive an email from Dapper with the tracking number required in order to collect your parcel. The post office may send you a notification of the arrival of your parcel.
- Standard delivery is available for certain areas outside of main centres. Please check the delivery options in checkout once you have entered your address to see if you are eligible. A non-refundable R100 delivery fee is applied for deliveries outside of main centres.
- Dapper does not delivery to PO Box addresses.
- Every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that the delivery costs displayed on the site are correct at the time of your purchase. However, if a delivery fee is incorrectly displayed, Dapper will not be obliged to deliver products at an incorrect delivery fee. Dapper will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct delivery fee.
6.2 Premium Delivery
- This is a premium service offered to customers based on certain areas of Cape Town and Johannesburg who would like to select an Same day or Next working day delivery.
- Opting for Premium delivery adds a surcharge delivery fee on top of the Standard delivery fee on orders with a total basket value under R5 000. If the total basket value is greater than R5 000, only the Premium delivery charge will apply.
- Premium delivery is only available when paying with credit or debit card, or paying via instant EFT.
- Premium delivery is currently only available in specified areas within Cape Town and Johannesburg only. The availability is displayed upon checkout, based on the delivery address and items being ordered.
More simply put:
Free delivery is something we’re really proud of. The only cases where delivery is not free is (a) when the total value of your order is less than R5 000 (delivery cost: R60), or (b) if you want standard delivery but live outside a main centre (delivery cost: R100.) We also have a premium delivery option that lets you choose the exact time and date you want to receive your parcel. This is currently only available in parts of Cape Town, and there is a surcharge depending on the delivery option you select.
7. Making a payment
You can pay on Dapper using your Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card, via Electronic Funds `transfer (EFT), Discovery Miles, Mobicred or SnapScan.
Paying by credit card
- Dapper accepts payments made by Visa and MasterCard Credit Cards as well as chipped debit cards that have been activated for online purchases.
- When you place an order, the transaction details are presented to the bank for authorisation of the payment amount.
- If authorisation is not obtained, the order is cancelled. If authorisation is obtained, payment is usually immediate. You guarantee that you are fully authorised to use the credit card for payment of your order and that there are sufficient funds in this credit card account to cover the costs of any transactions you complete on Dapper.
Paying by EFT:
Instant EFT payment is available to all Nedbank, Standard Bank, Capitec, FNB and Absa customers. These payments are processed immediately and provide a secure transfer for immediate payment.
1. How does it work?
- Select your Bank
- Login using your internet banking credentials
- Upon successful payment your order status will be updated immediately.
- There is no need to enter Dapper’s banking details or order reference number
- The automated process will navigate and populate the relevant fields on your behalf in the background
- Select an account to pay from and enter a reference for your records
- Your bank will send you an otp or mobile authentication to your mobile phone to verify the payment
- Enter otp or accept the authentication message
- Payment is complete
2. How long do you have to wait?
- Your order status will be updated immediately
- There is no need to send through a proof of payment
- There is no need to wait for funds to reflect in the sellers account
3. Is it safe?
- Instant EFT guarantees the highest levels of security when paying online
- Instant EFT has a Thawte EV SSL encryption certificate which gives our payment processing service an extremely high level of security
- Instant EFT acts as a proxy between you and the bank to facilitate a faster, safer and easier payment process for both the buyer and the seller
- Your online banking login details are NOT stored
- Please note, when selecting to pay by EFT, you have 24 hours post placing your order to make the payment.
- When making your payment, please be sure to use your order number as the beneficiary reference. This will ensure that Dapper can process your order as quickly as possible.
- Dapper will start processing your order as soon as your bank forwards the payment to Dapper. Depending on the bank, it can take up to 3 days from the time you make the payment (which has to be done a maximum of 24 hours after placing the order) to when it appears in our bank account.
- The delivery lead time as specified on the site only starts once Dapper has received the payment from your bank.
Paying by SnapScan:
- Please note, when selecting to pay by SnapScan, you have 6 hours post placing your order to make the payment.
- Once the payment is made and cleared, your order will be processed.
- If no payment is received after 6 hours, your order will be cancelled.
Paying by Discovery Miles:
- Visit dlstyle.co.za on your desktop or mobile, adding items to your cart by clicking on the ADD TO CART button.
- Go to CHECKOUT and select to pay with Discovery Miles under Payment Options. Click PAY.
- You’ll be redirected to a secure Discovery Miles page, operated by PayU. Log in with your Discovery Miles user name and password.
- On the next screen, select the amount of Discovery Miles to use for your order. Your amount to pay will show on the left, under Dapper logo. Note: You can pay the full amount of your order with Discovery Miles. Or, if you dont have enough, top up with any Visa or Mastercard credit card by completing the details in the credit card section.
- After you confirm the payment, you’ll be directed to Dapper order confirmation page, showing your order number. Your purchase will soon be on its way!
Paying by Mobicred:
1. What is Mobicred?
- Mobicred is a simple and convenient credit facility that allows you to shop safely and repay the amount over monthly installments.
- The interest rate charged is 21.0% per annum & in accordance with the interest rate permissible by the National Credit Act. Please note that the annual interest rate may change.
- The monthly payment amount shown on the product and payment pages excludes any Mobicred service fees. These fees will be confirmed by Mobicred on opening your Mobicred account.
- These fees could include the following:
- Monthly service fee.
- Once-off account initiation fee.
- To apply for an account visit the Mobicred website.
- Please note that the approval process may take 2 business days / 48 hours.
- For more information you can visit www.mobicred.co.za or you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call them on 08600 62733.
2. How do I pay using Mobicred?
- You will need to register for a Mobicred account.
- Only once your registration has been approved, will you be able to shop using your Mobicred account.
- Please note the Mobicred application approval will take up to 48 hours.
3. Already with Mobicred?
- First complete your order on Dapper
- Then we will ask you to log into your Mobicred account.
- A one time pin (OTP) will be sent to your mobile phone.
- Enter this OTP on the Mobicred page.
- Your Mobicred account will be debited and you will receive a confirmation email.
More simply put:
So many ways to pay: credit and debit cards, SnapScan, EFT, Mobicred and Discovery Miles. The usual rules apply. Credit and debit card payments require authorisation from your bank. With EFT payments you have 24 hours to pay after placing your order, and we can only process your order once the money’s literally in the bank. For SnapScan, you have six hours to pay after placing your order. If we receive nothing within these time frames, then sadly we will conclude that you changed your mind, and cancel the order. For Mobicred, you will need to register for a Mobicred account, please note the Mobicred application approval will take up to 48 hours.
- As buyer, you indicate where in South Africa you require delivery, as well as contact numbers to be used in connection with delivery.
- Your parcel will be delivered to the address you specified in the checkout process.
- In the case of Post office delivery, your order will be delivered to the post-office nearest to your address within the postal code you selected.
- In the case of pick up point delivery, your order will be delivered to your selected pick up point.
- On inputting your address during checkout, the site will indicate to you whether your postal code qualifies for Standard delivery, the nearest post office or to a pick up point.
- If nobody is present at the address at the time of delivery, our courier will on the second attempt of delivery leave a note (in the letterbox if a residential address) to indicate that there was an attempted delivery.
- The courier will try once more (third attempt), and if at that time there is still no one to sign for the parcel, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and a return will be processed for the goods. You will be contacted in order to confirm the refund method you would prefer.
- Should a delivery fee have been charged on the order, this will not be reimbursed, given that the courier has attempted delivery on numerous occassions.
- In the case of post office delivery, if the parcel is not collected within 30 days of it being delivered to the post office, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and a return will be processed for the goods. You will be contacted in order to confirm the refund method you would prefer.
- In the case of pick up point delivery, if the parcel is not collected within 8 calendar days of being delivered, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and a return will be processed for the goods. You will be contacted in order to confirm the refund method you would prefer.
- Unless we inform you otherwise, before you place your order and before the final confirmation, the estimated maximum delivery time for an order in South Africa – for Standard delivery is 10 working days.
- As outlined above, all Dapper standard deliveries take place during business hours i.e. there are no deliveries over weekends or on public holidays. Please take this into consideration when selecting your delivery address.
- This is a premium service offered to customers based on certain areas of Cape Town and Johannesburg who would like to select an exact Same day or Next Working day delivey.
- Premium delivery is currently available in specified areas within Cape Town and Johannesburg and the availability is displayed upon checkout, based on the delivery address.
- Premium delivery is only available when paying with credit or debit card, or paying via instant EFT.
- Same day Delivery has a cut of time of 10:30AM, an order needs to be placed before the cut off time for Same day delivery to apply.
- Premium delivery is available on working days only (no weekends or public holidays), from 09h00 – 18h00 for home addresses and 09h00 – 17h00 for business addresses.
- The customer will receive a notification that the driver is en route. Should there be no one available to sign for the parcel, the driver will attempt to contact the customer telephonically, on the contact number supplied on the order. Should this fail, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and the customer will be refunded the Rand value paid for the items in the order.
- If the customer is responsible for failed delivery (not available, incorrect address supplied, etc.) the delivery surcharge is non-refundable since delivery was attempted.
- Return collections cannot be scheduled, customers will need to make use of the return methods available for their applicable suburb and postal code, i.e. Drop off points, Courier collection or posting the parcel back to Wedgefield Office Park, Block A, 17 Muswell Rd, Johannesburg, 2021.
- A standard or premium delivery is considered complete as soon as the parcel is accepted and signed for either by the customer or by an individual on the customer’s behalf at the specified delivery address.
- In the case of post office or pick up point delivery, the delivery is considered complete when the parcel is successfully delivered by Speed Services to the post office associated with your delivery address, or to the applicable pick up point.
- It is your responsibility, as buyer, to ensure that you or the intended receiver of the gift (when applicable) inspect(s) the parcel on arrival and makes known any justifiable complaints. The receiver has the right to refuse the parcel if it appears to have been opened or if it has clearly been damaged.
- Such complaints and claims must be brought to the attention of Dapper by calling our call centre at 087 510 1536 (Monday to Friday, 07:00 to 18:00 and Saturdays, 09:00 to 13:00).
- In the event that a parcel is delcared missing, should stock be available a replacement order will be sent to the customer via the intended original delivery method.
- If stock is not available, the order (at Rand value paid) plus any relevant delivery fee will be refunded.
- Dapper will contact the customer in both cases to advise possible delays and/or preferred refund method.
More simply put:
There are two ways we get your parcel to you: Standard and Premium delivery (during business hours only). Based on the address you enter during the checkout process, we will display the delivery options available in your postal code. We need a bit of co-operation here. In the case of Standard delivery, your parcel will be returned to our warehouse after three failed attempts to find you or your representative at the address specified. Postal deliveries are returned if uncollected after 30 days, and pick up point deliveries after 8 days. Premium delivery, currently only available in parts of Cape Town and Johannesburg on orders via credit or debit card or instant EFT, lets you select either same day delivery (if placed before 10:30AM). In all cases please take extra care when you enter your delivery address. In the rare event of a lost parcel, a replacement order will be delivered if the item/s you ordered are in stock, or a refund processed if they’re not.
9. Defective items, returns and reimbursement
- If you are dissatisfied with your purchase due to a defect, incorrect product choice or other reason, you may return it with barcoded tags attached, to Dapper within 30 days of delivery, by the same delivery method which the parcel was received. If you are based in South Africa, you can either receive a Dapper account credit or a refund, or have the product repaired or replaced, depending on the situation.
- In the case of a damaged or incorrect item having beend delivered, Dapper will evaluate each case and issue a refund upon proof of the damaged/incorrect item.
- You can only exchange your returned item for a different size , not for a different colour or any other item.
- For exchanges you need to contact the customer service team to ensure we reserve and confirm the availability of the size you are exchanging for.
- Find more information on Dapper’s Help section on Delivery and Returns
More simply put:
If you don’t like it, return it. If it’s the wrong size/colour, return it. If it is defective, return it. Do it within 30 days, and it’s not just free, but we’ll either refund you, or replace the product if stock is available.
10. Sales records
Complete records of each transaction between you and Dapper are kept on the site for 12 months after a particular purchase or related transaction. During this time, you’ll be able to view and print out these records. After the 12-month period the responsibility of keeping Such record falls onto you.
More simply put:
Your order history is available on site for 12 months after purchase.
11. Competitions & Promotions
Dapper may release printed or digital discount coupons (“coupons”) from time to time. Such coupons may be available through the website and/or from third-party websites, in magazines and other media. Coupons can be used to secure a discount on the site as long as the coupon is valid. Given expiry dates cannot be moved.
More simply put:
Every time we offer a promotion or discount, send you a voucher or run a competition, we are obliged by law to publish the terms and conditions on the Dapper website, meaning right here. Please check these for details of exclusions, closing dates and refunds on returns.
- Promotional coupons are issued at Dapper’s discretion. Users don’t have the right to promotional coupons and can’t earn them.
- Promotional coupons are issued with specific terms and conditions that regulate how and when they can be used. For example, certain coupons may be product specific in that they are only valid against a selected group of products. Exclusions may also exist with certain coupons e.g. not valid on items in OUTLET. The onus is on the shopper to check the full coupon T&Cs to ensure they understand the coupon’s applications and limitations.
- In general, unless otherwise specified on the coupon itself: a coupon is only valid for 30 days from date of issue. A coupon can only be used against a purchase on the site when the purchase meets the terms and conditions as specified on the coupon.
- Only one coupon can be used per shopping cart. Coupons are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The discount value of the coupon will be deducted from the total amount in your shopping cart. The remaining balance, if any, must be paid by you.
- Creation of multiple Dapper accounts, with different email addresses, in order to utilize a coupon on multiple occasions, is abuse of the benefit and Dapper reserves the right to not release these orders.
- Should you wish to return an item you have purchased using a coupon:a. If you have redeemed a coupon against a purchase, and you’d like to return all items purchased, Dapper will refund you or credit your account with the rand value of the purchase. Please refer to the specific terms and conditions on the coupon for information on whether it will be reinstated and the terms that will apply.b. If you have used a coupon against a purchase and then return some of the products purchased, Dapper will apportion the value of the coupon across the relevant items in the cart and then refund you the relevant rand amount based on the items being returned.c. If you have used a coupon against a purchase and then return some of the products purchased, Dapper will recalculate the total value of your purchase AFTER the returned product(s) has/have been deducted. If the recalculated purchase value no longer meets the terms and conditions associated with the coupon, Dapper reserves the right to deduct the value of the coupon off the refund for the returns, or, should you have credit in your Dapper account, to debit the value of the coupon off your account balance.
- Order value must exceed R5 000 after discount for free delivery.
Promotional coupons cannot:
- Be used to buy gift vouchers
- Be exchanged for cash
- Be transferred to anyone else
- Be used after the expiry date which is, unless otherwise specified, 30 days from date of issue
- Be used together with any other promotion, including against items in OUTLET, items already on sale or items discounted as part of another promotional offer.