Devialet Expert 440 Pro is a dual-mono amplifier powered by two 440W channels at 6Ω. With half the distortion of stereo, this configuration gives an enhanced power supply to each channel alongside many connectors so even with demanding acoustic structures, the audio will be flawless.
Devialet’s innovations reinvent each step of the acoustic signal path for unprecedented levels of performance. The perfect audiophile playback that is completely transparent offers a rare sensational experience. HD audio can be streamed (wired or wireless) via AIR, DAC Magic Wire or RAM Phono stage. Free, regular updates are available using the EVO platform.
Expert Pro Range
The difference between these models is not just in the performance. Expert 130 Pro and Expert 220 Pro systems work in stereo, whereas Expert 440 Pro and Expert 1000 Pro work in dual mono, each unit driving a different stereo channel.
Audiophile Grade Sound
Expert Pro is the flaghship system for audiophiles who demand nothing less than the highest quality available. The Devialet exceeds the performance of an ordinary amplifier by reinventing the combination of audio components for audiophile quality reproduction (i.e. the pre-amplifier, amplifier, DAC, streamer, and phono stage) in a single and extremely thin slab. The Expert Pro has the ability to be configured in thousands of ways to ensure that the audio output signal is as the original artist intended irrespective of the source or speakers.
The Expert Pro systems incorporate all of Devialet’s audiophile technologies, which are protected by 107 patents and hold 58 awards. In addition to these Devialet-exclusive technologies, Expert Pro benefits from many major innovations developed for this new line including ADH (analogue-digital hybrid amplification) Intelligence, Magic Wire DAC, Class A and Class D Amplifier, new power supply and Thermal Management. You can stream music via Spotify connect, Roon, UPnP and more to follow with Devialet’s regular firmware updates.
Speaker Active Matching
With SAM technology, the Expert Pro system has perfect knowledge of how your speakers behave from the displacement and driver excursion to acceleration and speed. The results of SAM technology means that your speakers will be driven at peak performance levels whilst being perfectly protected. Since as each different speaker model has a different frequency and phase response, the Expert Pro can accounts for these differences and consequently alters the output signal as a function of the architecture of the individual speaker.
The Expert Pro 440 amplifier benefits from triple SHARC 400MHz DSPs as well as one 16 MHz, four 40 MHz and one 64MHz RISC processors.
Expert Pro delivers the best performance ever measured at any power level.
– THD+N: 0,00025% (440W / 6Ω)
– THD: 0,0001% (10W / 6Ω)
– Signal-to-noise ratio: 133dB
– Advanced phono stage: Yes
– Dual Mono Range
– Power: 2 x 440Wrms, 6Ω
– Signal/Noise Ratio: 133dB
– THD+N: 130W/6Ω, 0.00025%
– THD: 10W/6Ω, 0.0001%
– Output Impedance: 0.001Ω
– Damping Factor: 8000
– Bandwidth: DC -30/95kHz (-0.1/3dB)
– Phase: 0.2/0.9° @20/40kHz
– Ethernet In: RJ45
– USB: 2.0 asynchronous in/out
– Special features: Very low latency
– Bi-directionality for digitisation
– Optical Connector: S/PDIF TOSLINK
– Mini-Jack: 3.5mm S/PDIF opt+ RS232
– RS232 protocol up to 115200 bauds
– RCA 3 & 4: Selected Via configuration
– Line-in stereo analogue input
Line/Analogue Stereo Phono
– A/D Converter: TI PCM4202
– Line In: voltages up to +/- 10V
– Analog: voltages up to +/- 100mV
– Advanced conversion stage
– Digital In: 1 or 2 Coax S/PDIF
– ADH/SAM/AIR/EVO/ Magic Wire/RAM
For Devialet AIR
– RJ45 10/100 Mbps Ethernet in
– 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi in
– 4mm, stripped cables + fork plugs
– 30-440W RMS via configurator
– Compatible: from 1Ω to 16Ω
– Short-circuit protection
– Active filtering available
– Output impedance: 0.001Ω
– Synchronisation: Up to 8 units
– Dark chrome hand polished casing
– Carved from Single Aluminium block
– Dimensions (LWH): 400 x 400 x 40mm
– Weight: 5.9Kg + 5.4Kg